Friday, February 13, 2009

Hank's Oyster Bar

It was unseasonably warm in DC. I didn't get to see much of the city. Certainly there as been a lot of changes since the last time I went to DC.

Under new management

I was in DC for a quick trip. One of my friends suggested Hank's Oyster Bar as a place to try. She said that they served the world's best mac & cheese. The topic of what is the world's best mac & cheese will have to be discussed in another post. However, I do feel that I make a very good mac & cheese, which makes me a good judge of that dish.

Things are just a bit different in DC. The concierge at the hotel said that it would be a long walk to the restaurant and there was a bit of a hill. Where I come from, hills look like this or this. It was a 15 minute walk and the route was completely flat.

Fried oysters, Old Bay seasoned fries, coleslaw and tartar sauce
I was too late for the $1 oyster happy hour. Instead, I had the fried oyster dinner.

Mac & Cheesy
There seemed to be some smoked gouda and cheddar in the sauce. Is it the world's best mac & cheese? Well, I thought it was very good. But I am still very happy with my version.

Hank's Oyster Bar
1624 Q Street NW
Washington DC

No comments: